Pages

Thursday 16 August 2012

Paper FAIL

Not surprisingly, my latest submission to Oikos was rejected. It's funny, I don't actually care... possibly because the weather outside at the time was so gorgeous that I just frolicked about in the grass and sun. Much more enjoyable than grimacing over each and every comment. Having said that, I spent the last hour grimacing over each and every comment, but at least the comments are useful. My paper will be accepted next time, next time for sure!
What will inevitably happen to users of R

As per usual, most of what is wrong has everything to do with my lack of statistical know-how. There appears to be a flaw in my approach to thermal effects on metabolic rate in my model, so I will spend the next few months (probably) re-doing what I spent the last two years doing in my PhD. For the first few minutes with this realisation I was more than a little enraged. Am I depressed by this now? Not as much as I probably should be, I think that a PhD has made me incredibly resilient to absolute FAILs, I take everything with a grain of salt and move on.


1 comment:

  1. And that's why dissertations are sometimes called "Noble Failures"

    ReplyDelete